Our Admission Criteria
OPEN ENROLMENT – ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
Details of the respective functions of the Board of Governors and the Principal in relation to admission to the school.
The criteria have been drawn up by the Board of Governors. They will be applied by the Principal and approved by the Board of Governors.
When considering which children should be selected for admission, the Board of Governors will only take into account information which is detailed on or attached to the application form. Parents should therefore ensure that all information pertaining to their child and relevant to the school’s admissions criteria is stated on the application form or attached to it.
Admissions criteria to be used in the event of the school being oversubscribed. The criteria are listed in order of priority.
Portrush Primary School will accept all pupils regardless of religious or political persuasions or ethnic origin provided that their parents are supportive of the school’s aims, rules and management procedures.
In the event of over-subscription the following criteria, which have been drawn up by the Board of Governors, will be applied sequentially. Preference will be given to:
1. Pupils who have reached compulsory school age;
2. Pupils who have a sibling or siblings who attend or have attended the school, or are the first or only child in a family;
3. Pupils who have a parent or guardian who has attended the school;
4. Pupils who have a parent or guardian who is employed in a permanent capacity in the school;
5. In the event of a tie, preference will be given to those children living nearer to the school than others as measured along the public road.
In the event of the school being oversubscribed applicants should note that they may be required to produce documents, as specified by the Board of Governors, verifying their address.
These agreed criteria will be applied by:
The Principal and approved by the Board of Governors.